ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
Loli/shota game with beastiality, incest and rape. I think the only moron was the guy trying to fund it through BMAC which bans adult content creators left and right and Patreon which doesn't allow any of those things without using a cut content patch. Sucks a game got abandoned but the dev made that bed entirely on his own, it wasn't a case of if his funding got cut off but rather when.
You hit the nail on the head; I was attracted to the game by most of those themes but at the same time I was wondering "how in the world is he getting away with all this stuff?... oh wait, he isn't". I doubt he could shift the worst stuff to a patch now and get Patreon or anybody to believe he got rid of it.

NorthernDick

Jun 14, 2018
oh Great gee thanks to "whomever had to ruin yet another great game as this was" The "gay stuff with Reily wasnt really that bad right?, I mean if Reily grows up & becomes a Trans Chick with Boobs I am sure the Same Guy would ""ooh the best game ever, 10 out 10"" Give me a Break...I hope The Dev Finds a Way to Continue this Game, if not on this Site..Somewhere else. Plenty of Games out here that dont included "Gay or Trap" for those that are living in moms basement & is aged 40+.

Reactions: CurseYouBayle

Frazzanova

Jun 2, 2017
did he say that he won't continue or is it the excuse runaround ?
I believe the verbiage was something like all of the monetization platforms canceled him, so until he can find one that will approve he won't be continuing. So unless SS decides to approve his account, it's likely donezo. Whether that was the legitimate reason to stop or if it was just an easy-out for lack of motivation, that's a secret for the dev.

Reactions: Tickle

iopq

Feb 16, 2018
I guess the nitpicking of semantics is just a coping mechanism for some.

For anyone joining or seeing this late the tl;dr is basically this:
  1. Game began as a hobby.
  2. Interest it garnered elevated it to more of a priority and income supplement.
  3. Time investment increase was much greater than monetary gain.
  4. Profit was not only difficult to get, but also cumbersome to collect.
I believe the saying is "Sometimes the juice just isn't worth the squeeze."

Of course DLGB could've continued hopping services, throwing away time and money in the process, but the above would still be true.
Just salute the quality game and work and move on.

Vinyard

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019

2. Interest it garnered elevated it to more of a priority and income supplement.

Of course DLGB could've continued hopping services, throwing away time and money in the process, but the above would still be true.
Couldn't have said it better. The juice was briefly worth the squeeze and it just got thinner with every new platform that shut me down until they took away the lemon.

Last edited:

WigglyWorld84

Aug 14, 2021

The dev made the paradigm shift, not us, though. He can go back to the hobby, if he cared enough about, "the art."

They are free to change their mind or their life or be affected by life changes... I am just glad I did not pay them to "find themselves" or to, "train for their new career."

I love this game, but I am not, "saluting." It's not like the dev died and we are thankful someone found some lost work and we get another taste.

There is no praise to be had here. no rah rah or flag waving. This turned to shit.

Good on you for trying to make the best of it. Wish I could too.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Iam8Bit

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023

I can't help but disagree. The $ thing was definitely the straw that broke the came's back for lots of devs, but the "hobby" nonsense always irks me.

I think a lot of dev SAY 'it's just a hobby' starting out because they think it will shield them from most of the criticism a game/AVN can expect to face. But they 100% are really doing it to try and make $$ eventually. I don't think it likely that very many people put in the mad time & effort to even start an AVN for any other reason. The phony public 'hobby' claim is just a "coping mechanism" for new devs who don't want or can't handle negative feedback.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
I can't help but disagree. The $ thing was definitely the straw that broke the came's back for lots of devs, but the "hobby" nonsense always irks me.

I think a lot of dev SAY 'it's just a hobby' starting out because they think it will shield them from most of the criticism a game/AVN can expect to face. But they 100% are really doing it to try and make $$ eventually. I don't think it likely that very many people put in the mad time & effort to even start an AVN for any other reason. The phony public 'hobby' claim is just a "coping mechanism" for new devs who don't want or can't handle negative feedback.

Or, hear me out, it might just be hobby. Plenty of people create games just for hobby, even if it's AVN. Similarly plenty of people write stories, create music etc... as a hobby, even lewd stuff. Why you might ask, well that's because it's a way for them to express their creative side. Sure, most of them would be extremely pleased if they happened to hit it big and could make living from their hobby, but the reason they started it originally was as a hobby. Very few devs actually make enough to make a living or enough money to just justify their motivation for creating games like these. Biggest reason why they have patreon etc... accounts is to recupe the costs for making that game, since game development, even as a hobby costs money. That's also why so many devs end up abandoning games when there's problems like this dev had with Patreon, since it sucks the joy of making the game having to deal with it. Or abandon their game because constant negative bitching, not constructive criticism, sucks the motivation in working on something time consuming for people to play.

Now sure, there are some cases where person thought that it would be easy quick cash in, but those cases actually end up usually producing subpar shite that gets abandoned pretty fast, unless they manage to garner following to fund them. Considering this game lasted as long as it did, i'd say that the dev was not in it for the quick cash, but honestly because they wanted to make the game, but then outside factors killed the joy of making it.

yz.vn_

Nov 24, 2022
Or, hear me out, it might just be hobby. Plenty of people create games just for hobby, even if it's AVN. Similarly plenty of people write stories, create music etc... as a hobby, even lewd stuff. Why you might ask, well that's because it's a way for them to express their creative side. Sure, most of them would be extremely pleased if they happened to hit it big and could make living from their hobby, but the reason they started it originally was as a hobby. Very few devs actually make enough to make a living or enough money to just justify their motivation for creating games like these. Biggest reason why they have patreon etc... accounts is to recupe the costs for making that game, since game development, even as a hobby costs money. That's also why so many devs end up abandoning games when there's problems like this dev had with Patreon, since it sucks the joy of making the game having to deal with it. Or abandon their game because constant negative bitching, not constructive criticism, sucks the motivation in working on something time consuming for people to play.

Now sure, there are some cases where person thought that it would be easy quick cash in, but those cases actually end up usually producing subpar shite that gets abandoned pretty fast, unless they manage to garner following to fund them. Considering this game lasted as long as it did, i'd say that the dev was not in it for the quick cash, but honestly because they wanted to make the game, but then outside factors killed the joy of making it.
You said it best my man.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023

You could be 100% right. and I could be 100% wrong. Each dev/game is different. I once dabbled in trying to make a game many, many years ago, and the reality is that it is super time-consuming, technical, and just plain hard to make something half-way decent. I gave up after the first tech disaster because I couldn't imagine starting over from scratch. So that certainly influences my opinion, but I still think that very few devs get very far with the "hobby" motivation and that this is something that sounds believable and it therefore used as a smokescreen by a lot of devs. 'Writing stories or creating music' (your examples) are "easy" creative outlets because they only require pen+paper or an instrument - they don't require significant hardware + software + time investments just to get started, so I don't think those are reasonable comparisons. Let's just agree to disagree. (y)

Reactions: Jccurtis

69BOI69

Jul 24, 2020

Using your hobby to make money is common, if you wanted to grift from the start, there would be infinitely better ways. I just wanna say, Visual novels in general are a niche and there's not a lot of money to be gained especially so if sites like this one exist. Not gonna name the grifter but they made a bit less than 200k a year (before taxes and fees) at their peak and was absolutely trending... only after 8 months of work AT LEAST. Learning to make decent 3d renders and a good story to gain enough followers AND having at least a few hours of content takes months and there's no guarantees of good money. There are almost 20000 games here and you probably played less than 50 and supported less than 10.

Now, there are games that are 100% only in it for the money. There are games that don't accept money. But IMO, most indie devs are in it for passion and money because your hobby being the means to your income is ideal. Playing video games are a hobby and we would make playing games our jobs in a heartbeat, that doesn't mean we don't enjoy games. Your view has no middle ground when a majority of the time, it's somewhere in the middle.

a4asshole

Jul 10, 2024
I think it is unfair to point fingers at dev for not continuing due to financial issues. But, can he remodel the lol "i" looking characters to look more mature. That would help him to solve the problems with subscription services right ?

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I think it is unfair to point fingers at dev for not continuing due to financial issues. But, can he remodel the lol "i" looking characters to look more mature. That would help him to solve the problems with subscription services right ?
Probably not really, the game has to many "red flags" for sites like patreon (rape, bestiality, the incest scenes)

Reactions: GokutheG

a4asshole

Jul 10, 2024
Probably not really, the game has to many "red flags" for sites like patreon (rape, bestiality, the incest scenes)
80% of avns has incest.. ironically, it does not have incest (just a bath scene of siblings). Rape ?? c'mon where ?? the Japanese babe.. that could be easily justifiable as tough love.. and dev has yet not started making content on bestiality.. I think with some small rework and a new name, dev can enter subscibestar if not patreon. Also, his new project does not looking good and this one has a fanbase so it would aslo be benifical for Dev to continue in my personal opinion.

3.90 star(s) 115 Votes