Unity Too Much Light [v0.6a] [Shine]

3.60 star(s) 44 Votes

PawgLara

Dec 12, 2020
Could you please tell me where exactly is it?
he just stands near some house solid rock basically till 12am, i don't remember the exact spot... i removed the game, search near area with zombie places where you collect scraps, should take like min or two to find him, once you go near him just press E or F to take the item from him.
You can switch cycles through inventory, just click the item u got from him.

Reactions: zac max

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
binaries like that are easier to work with, but meaningful obfuscation of code has been proven to be impossible. You seem to know a few little tidbits but you fail to grasp the fundamental underlying principles of what you are talking about.
I don't know what's wrong with this thread tbh, but I'd rather spend my time writing mods rather than argue with this kind of nonsense. Just don't taunt the dev into switching to IL2CPP so I can mod this one too when it's complete, thx

Reactions: tomwilliams9911
Feb 27, 2018
I don't know what's wrong with this thread tbh, but I'd rather spend my time writing mods rather than argue with this kind of nonsense. Just don't taunt the dev into switching to IL2CPP so I can mod this one too when it's complete, thx
I've never worked with Unity stuff specifically, but a quick search indicates that IL2CPPDumper would make it possible to do the same tweak that was done for the crack if the dev were to switch to using IL2CPP instead of mono binaries, although it would definitely require some more work and some extra tools. You are right that for modding it'd be a bitch and a half though. A more reasonable solution for everyone, including the developer, would be to just not include the assets for the things they want to hold back from the public release.

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
I've never worked with Unity stuff specifically, but a quick search indicates that IL2CPPDumper would make it possible to do the same tweak that was done for the crack if the dev were to switch to using IL2CPP instead of mono binaries, although it would definitely require some more work and some extra tools. You are right that for modding it'd be a bitch and a half though. A more reasonable solution for everyone, including the developer, would be to just not include the assets for the things they want to hold back from the public release.
No it would not just "require some extra work". IL2CPP removes all the variable names and optimizes everything to the point where the functions become unrecognizable. Have you ever seen decompiled C++ ? Not C++, decompiled C++. I'm sorry but I spend 90% of my time deobfuscating code for work, then 90% of my free time decompiling code to make mods. Specifically, I spent a good week trying IL2CPPdumper on Octopussy's games, and it didn't enable me to do anything more than basic Cheat Engine stuff. So when you reply randomly to my messages to tell me that "deobfuscation has been proven to be impossible", nah sorry but that doesn't sounds like a very useful discussion for me (not to mention the mods will nuke it for being off-topic).

Of course, you might be a secret IDA legend who will prove me wrong, who knows, but given some of your other dubious claims in this topic I estimate the likelihood of that scenario to be exactly 0%

Feb 27, 2018
No it would not just "require some extra work". IL2CPP removes all the variable names and optimizes everything to the point where the functions become unrecognizable. Have you ever seen decompiled C++ ? Not C++, decompiled C++. I'm sorry but I spend 90% of my time deobfuscating code for work, then 90% of my free time decompiling code to make mods. Specifically, I spent a good week trying IL2CPPdumper on Octopussy's games, and it didn't enable me to do anything more than basic Cheat Engine stuff. So when you reply randomly to my messages to tell me that "deobfuscation has been proven to be impossible", nah sorry but that doesn't sounds like a very useful discussion for me (not to mention the mods will nuke it for being off-topic).

Of course, you might be a secret IDA legend who will prove me wrong, who knows, but given some of your other dubious claims in this topic I estimate the likelihood of that scenario to be exactly 0%
basic Cheat Engine stuff is pretty much what it sounds like the crack is. It sounds like he just switched one value that is called at or near the time the program launches. Meaningful obfuscation is genuinely impossible, by which I mean that reverse engineering a program is always possible given time and effort. It is certainly possible for obfuscation to make the process annoying and tedious, but that's all they can do.

kult.

Jul 22, 2022
"Wow guys come buy my mystery box and see what you will get! (im not telling you)"

Thank you very much for the marketing lessons! Our commercial department has considered your proposal and the next version of the game will have loot boxes, a battle pass and a full description of the content with video demonstration. And the product will be professionally and aggressively advertised.
battle pass would be flames bro is it gonna be limited to paid build and each build gonna have a new battlepass with unlocked tiers stored in registry or appdata

anyways main point was i wanted dev console access and wanted to share console access to anyone else wanting to get access to them. gallery unlock was just an addition that came along with me changing the value of preview to dev lmfao

i do respect your game nonetheless, but see im sparing my wallet from going down the h-game rabbit hole from having to purchase access to a developer console and just wanted to share the tweak

basic Cheat Engine stuff is pretty much what it sounds like the crack is. It sounds like he just switched one value that is called at or near the time the program launches. Meaningful obfuscation is genuinely impossible, by which I mean that reverse engineering a program is always possible given time and effort. It is certainly possible for obfuscation to make the process annoying and tedious, but that's all they can do.
yep, everything is reversable given the engineer's patience and how willing they are to dedicate x amount of time to a project.
my comment started a funny war so im giving it 8/10 on ragebait

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018
battle pass would be flames bro is it gonna be limited to paid build and each build gonna have a new battlepass with unlocked tiers stored in registry or appdata

anyways main point was i wanted dev console access and wanted to share console access to anyone else wanting to get access to them. gallery unlock was just an addition that came along with me changing the value of preview to dev lmfao

yep, everything is reversable given the engineer's patience and how willing they are to dedicate x amount of time to a project.
my comment started a funny war so im giving it 8/10 on ragebait
Gr8 b8 m8, 8/8

• Red Heart
Reactions: kult.
Feb 27, 2018
so here is an interesting thought: you said paid build, but I'm pretty sure that even from the absolutely inane perspective that is intellectual property law, both builds are freeware. Patreon donations aren't purchases, so the 0.6e build is just a different free build that is only distributed through Patreon.

kult.

Jul 22, 2022
so here is an interesting thought: you said paid build, but I'm pretty sure that even from the absolutely inane perspective that is intellectual property law, both builds are freeware. Patreon donations aren't purchases, so the 0.6e build is just a different free build that is only distributed through Patreon.
honestly no idea how this dev distributes game builds, no idea if he distributes the preview builds under the "full" posts on his patreon or if theyre a specific version, similar to the preview release on f95 but with additional "content" for people to purchase if they enjoy the game,

then again i dont reallly care

1725326496489.png

im going under the assumption that the "full" build provides you access to everything my tweak does but that means that you're essentially paying for console commands

not really going for an argument, i made a simple tweak and alot of people are getting butthurt over it

Feb 27, 2018
honestly no idea how this dev distributes game builds, no idea if he distributes the preview builds under the "full" posts on his patreon or if theyre a specific version, similar to the preview release on f95 but with additional "content" for people to purchase if they enjoy the game,

then again i dont reallly care

View attachment 3994773

im going under the assumption that the "full" build provides you access to everything my tweak does but that means that you're essentially paying for console commands

not really going for an argument, i made a simple tweak and alot of people are getting butthurt over it
You can see that Patreon post on Kemono, it's got links to google drive, megaupload, and gofile mirrors. Hypothetically anyone who downloaded it through those links was getting a legal copy, even if they didn't subscribe to the Patreon. I don't really care either, I just thought it was a little amusing. Also thanks for your tweak, I enjoyed playing it with the ability to use console commands and I enjoyed participating in the shitstorm it generated.

PS. IDK if anyone has mentioned it in the thread, but without your crack the nightstalker just stands there and with it the combat logic for it is enabled. That might have just been some sort of bug on my end, but I think that was the extra content that Shiny thought was still exclusive to their patrons.

• Red Heart
Reactions: kult.

kult.

Jul 22, 2022
Excellent point. I'll be over later on to take all the free stuff I want from your property since we both agree it doesn't hurt you in any way.
Original copy of the game uploaded on this site has not been affected in any way, I'm not removing the Unity project from the developer's computer. I'm simply downloading a copy of an already existing product and modifying it.

just because something isnt free for grab, doesnt mean that you have to blame the dev, they need to make money somehow, doesnt matter if they only making 1k or 2 or even 5k a month, pretty sure its all about first come first served, so if you didnt pay, youll only get what they offer for free, if you want more ,then you need to pay, you cant expect people to sacrifice what they have for you to gloat about, if you want something better, make the change yourself, stop expecting anything for free. fkn loser lol, oh and no, am no trying to "kiss ass", just bored seeing every forum there will be loser who complains that they dont got things for free, when in fact it is free
fact of the day, alot of the content posted on f95 is a pirated, do u go around this forum and make this claim on every single dl-site/ci-en/patreon/itch/etc game

strangeobject

Nov 22, 2019
Original copy of the game uploaded on this site has not been affected in any way, I'm not removing the Unity project from the developer's computer. I'm simply downloading a copy of an already existing product and modifying it.

fact of the day, alot of the content posted on f95 is a pirated, do u go around this forum and make this claim on every single dl-site/ci-en/patreon/itch/etc game
yeah? then what? everything is free in here, you just supported my claim

kult.

Jul 22, 2022
icl bro i only read the first half of ur message complaining how devs need 2 make money somehow which i totally agree with.

just thought u were one of those complaining about free stuff being uploaded onto a pirating site

not sure if u know this but il2cpp dumper only provides u heaps of raw code, essentialyl the "decompiled c++" iirc. code can be unhollowed pretty easily

Reactions: johnyakuza1
May 25, 2017
"Wow guys come buy my mystery box and see what you will get! (im not telling you)"

Thank you very much for the marketing lessons! Our commercial department has considered your proposal and the next version of the game will have loot boxes, a battle pass and a full description of the content with video demonstration. And the product will be professionally and aggressively advertised.
Ah so that's what the clothing system is really for. Battle Passes. Let me guess, next update will give all of the guns skin slots? :ROFLMAO:

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
. Shiny releasing that build the way they did to try to convince a few extra people to subscribe to their patreon was a little unseemly, but understandable, especially given the economic situation of Russia.
Economic situation? You mean economy booming to the point the West is crying cause sanctions backfired and 2% unemployment rate, their historical record? Unless you're from some alternate reality and their economy is in shitter.

malicardy

Feb 6, 2019
Economic situation? You mean economy booming to the point the West is crying cause sanctions backfired and 2% unemployment rate, their historical record? Unless you're from some alternate reality and their economy is in shitter.
such an amazing economy, their soldiers never had to steal washing machines or toilets :rolleyes:

Feb 27, 2018
Shiny relies on money to be transferred from Patreon, an American corporation, to their Russian bank account in order to actually use it. I understand that pretty much all the ways to do that take a hefty cut, so if that is their primary source of income or even a major revenue stream for them I can absolutely understand doing whatever they can to get as much out of it, since the economic situation for Shiny is definitely not helped by the international sanctions on Russia.

Can you stop being sarcastic for a second and clarify what you actually mean? Because nothing has been stolen here. Even if you think that violations of copyright law are theft, nobody has actually violated any copyright laws, Shiny freely provided the preview build link in this very forum, so all of our copies are legitimate, and the crack is just a tiny edit to a single file within that.

is the 6a full version leaked yet?
as far as I can tell, the 0.6a preview build with the crack has all the features mentioned in the Patreon development posts. So it is basically the full version as far as anyone can tell. Shiny says there is more, but won't say what there actually is.

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
Shiny relies on money to be transferred from Patreon, an American corporation,
That's true, your reply was a truly nice surprise, I expected some brainless propaganda bullshit like from the other guy. Chinese banks, over which a lot of transfer take place, take nice hefty cuts. :S

Btw., did I mess up in this game or is there really no content after going into sewers and also killing that monster behind the gate?

Also anims are not working: tentacles, the scrap woman and Adriano. Plus when I went to fetch that dog he just despawned, apparently we fought and I killed it, though that never happened.

such an amazing economy, their soldiers never had to steal washing machines or toilets :rolleyes:
Eh, there can't be people actually stupid enough to believe such shit. :D They've ran out of missiles 2 years ago as well, right, and are now sending shovels?

3.60 star(s) 44 Votes