RPGM How to Fuck in a Zombie Apocalypse? [v0.11 Public] [The Sex Game's Stories]

2.70 star(s) 6 Votes

TSGS

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2019
Another thing that doesn't make sense. These "blood stains" stop you while you walk (red square), who knows for what physical reason :unsure: and these don't (green square) :oops:.
View attachment 3802374
The zombie girl 01 is his sister. she gives the direction in which she is heading in relation to where she left the message.

Bloodstains are programmed to appear in certain places and this stain should normally be on a wall. That's why you can't step on it.

PS: There is an error in one of the messages, It is the pond that is to the south and not to the north of the store.

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
Yes, but where are these directions, given that the messages disappear after reading them... the message said to go to the sister's house, but there is nothing in the house.

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
I finally found Amelie :mad: , I have to ask Sophia for a net to catch her (I think), but when and where considering the walkthrough doesn't work? Then the Ammo Workshop for Sophia says to fix the kitchen of the third house, but if she tries to fix it she says "I don't need you fix this room right now"

TSGS

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2019
I finally found Amelie :mad: , I have to ask Sophia for a net to catch her (I think), but when and where considering the walkthrough doesn't work? Then the Ammo Workshop for Sophia says to fix the kitchen of the third house, but if she tries to fix it she says "I don't need you fix this room right now"
Put this in the data folder. I forgot to fix this bug.

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
For anyone looking for Amelie, after this treasure hunt of wrong clues and bugs, here's where she is.
wtf3.jpg

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
really bad setup, somehow I no longer have the fighting stick so now I can't fight any zombie to move forward and I cannot somehow use the axe as a weapon - WHY?
This is totally unbalanced toward the player - he is not able to even keep the stick????
Too few items to get as well

DeMoS666

Jul 30, 2018
really bad setup, somehow I no longer have the fighting stick so now I can't fight any zombie to move forward and I cannot somehow use the axe as a weapon - WHY?
This is totally unbalanced toward the player - he is not able to even keep the stick????
After first fight in game, you can recruit first girl(crafter girl) and create fighting sticks, i just craftef 10. I think i have enough for 1-2 hours.

TSGS

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2019
After first fight in game, you can recruit first girl(crafter girl) and create fighting sticks, i just craftef 10. I think i have enough for 1-2 hours.
As Demos666 said, there is a workshop to craft combat equipment and this can be upgraded to have more equipment to craft or to upgrade it to make it more powerful and resistant ;)

Reactions: DeMoS666

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
I agree, it's a little silly to be forced to fight with a toothpick (ops stick :oops:) when you have a crowbar and an axe in your inventory.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeMoS666

DeMoS666

Jul 30, 2018
I agree, it's a little silly to be forced to fight with a toothpick (ops stick :oops:) when you have a crowbar and an axe in your inventory.
Each tool can break, and where you can find industrial quality tool in Apocalypse? You can not craft it the same quality. Even great axe can breal easlily in wrong hands. Metal can break too.
Also fire axe is quite heavy to use it as weapon for people who do not have experience.

Unknownadd

Sep 23, 2017
So how do you trigger the Zombie 2 quests?
I've completed all the Zombie 1 quests to the point the journal says 'Updated in Sequel' and I've got all the companions completed except Valerie (she's bugged and never spawns, but shows up in the journal?)

TSGS

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2019
So how do you trigger the Zombie 2 quests?
I've completed all the Zombie 1 quests to the point the journal says 'Updated in Sequel' and I've got all the companions completed except Valerie (she's bugged and never spawns, but shows up in the journal?)
Valerie's bug is fixed in V0.10 but no fix works with a previous save. You have to start a new game to be able to unlock her.

For zombie girl 02 if you fuck the zombie girl 01, there is a green question mark near the bed in the cellar. This is the 1st step to find her.

Unknownadd

Sep 23, 2017
Valerie's bug is fixed in V0.10 but no fix works with a previous save. You have to start a new game to be able to unlock her.

For zombie girl 02 if you fuck the zombie girl 01, there is a green question mark near the bed in the cellar. This is the 1st step to find her.
Ah! Thank you!

I didn't even notice that because of how the map is scaled. Didn't even notice the bed was actually added to the cellar with the upgrade.

You're probably already aware of how broken the quest is. Power plant to the north when it's to the south. Pond to the north when it's to the south.

Couple Suggestions:
1 - Take a close look at your cosmetic road tiles. You have ruined road tile that are impassable, but some of them are at the map transition areas. This means when you cross zones you are blocked by an impassable tile and have to navigate to the side to avoid it. Which leads to...
2 - Consider making the entry point 1 space away from the edge of the map. Because of where you enter the map you are in the trigger squares. This means you cannot 'go back' intuitively since the 'back' direction is always the edge of the map. Also, if your way forward is block and you have to go to the side, since you are in the transition area you will get punted back to the previous map. This means there are some areas that are blocked by poor map design instead of intentional design.
3 - QOL suggestion, but maybe in the construction queue hide options that have no relevant choices and use smart naming. It took me a stupidly long time to understand that 'build a workshop for Kate' meant 'plan construction in kitchen of 2nd house'. So instead of 'Bedroom X' options just hide all of them and reveal them when quest triggers come up. Example: If you are building a room for Julie then 'Julie's Bedroom' appears. This is ESPECIALLY useful for Charlotte and Julie since they use Bedroom 6 and Bedroom 8 in the Farm. The only way to find that out is to either spam each bedroom construction and plow through all the "Nothing planned yet" or look at the walkthrough where only there it tell you 'She could go to Bedroom X in the farm'.

TSGS

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2019
Ah! Thank you!

I didn't even notice that because of how the map is scaled. Didn't even notice the bed was actually added to the cellar with the upgrade.

You're probably already aware of how broken the quest is. Power plant to the north when it's to the south. Pond to the north when it's to the south.

Couple Suggestions:
1 - Take a close look at your cosmetic road tiles. You have ruined road tile that are impassable, but some of them are at the map transition areas. This means when you cross zones you are blocked by an impassable tile and have to navigate to the side to avoid it. Which leads to...
2 - Consider making the entry point 1 space away from the edge of the map. Because of where you enter the map you are in the trigger squares. This means you cannot 'go back' intuitively since the 'back' direction is always the edge of the map. Also, if your way forward is block and you have to go to the side, since you are in the transition area you will get punted back to the previous map. This means there are some areas that are blocked by poor map design instead of intentional design.
3 - QOL suggestion, but maybe in the construction queue hide options that have no relevant choices and use smart naming. It took me a stupidly long time to understand that 'build a workshop for Kate' meant 'plan construction in kitchen of 2nd house'. So instead of 'Bedroom X' options just hide all of them and reveal them when quest triggers come up. Example: If you are building a room for Julie then 'Julie's Bedroom' appears. This is ESPECIALLY useful for Charlotte and Julie since they use Bedroom 6 and Bedroom 8 in the Farm. The only way to find that out is to either spam each bedroom construction and plow through all the "Nothing planned yet" or look at the walkthrough where only there it tell you 'She could go to Bedroom X in the farm'.
For zombie girl 02, I must have had the North and South reversed in my head when I wrote the messages. I just corrected the 2nd message but I didn't see that I had made this mistake 2 times. I correct it right away.

1. I try to prevent that from happening, but I didn't have to have my full attention when I created certain regions. I'll check that out.

2. I have to add lines of code in the teleportation so that it doesn't work if you walk from one teleport tile to another. It's planned but I haven't had time to do it yet.

3. I would have liked to create a code that allows each room to appear 1 by 1 but it's a much too long code to write because if for example I do this for 1 house with 6 rooms, it makes me create a code with a lot different possibilities. the base has 3 houses with 7 rooms + the farm which has 14. The code will be so long that it could make the game crash.

The choice of the room to be repaired is the name of the normal room. In addition, each room is indicated when it needs to be repaired, just follow the walkthroughs and what the NPCs say. Example: Kate says as she joins the base that she is going to create a workshop in the living room of the 2nd house. Or Sophia offers to transform the kitchen of the 3rd house into a workshop of items to use in battle.

Pay attention to the movement of NPCs in the base. Some of them will be in rooms that have not yet been repaired and will offer new building ideas. Potion laboratory, shooting range, combat items workshop, ...

Last edited:

TSGS

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2019
We're talking about a "zombie apocalypse", you're not playing Fallout where the world has been destroyed by radiation.
I remind you that it is forbidden to talk about games for which I am not the developer.

An apocalypse is an apocalypse. If it is no longer possible to create industrial-grade items in one, the same is true in the other.

I think I've already told you that weapons, gathering items and exploration items are different categories and that if you absolutely want to use axes in combat in my game, you'll have to wait until V0.11 (or become a member to have access to them now) and unlock the rank 3 weapons.

Unknownadd

Sep 23, 2017
For zombie girl 02, I must have had the North and South reversed in my head when I wrote the messages. I just corrected the 2nd message but I didn't see that I had made this mistake 2 times. I correct it right away.

1. I try to prevent that from happening, but I didn't have to have my full attention when I created certain regions. I'll check that out.

2. I have to add lines of code in the teleportation so that it doesn't work if you walk from one teleport tile to another. It's planned but I haven't had time to do it yet.

3. I would have liked to create a code that allows each room to appear 1 by 1 but it's a much too long code to write because if for example I do this for 1 house with 6 rooms, it makes me create a code with a lot different possibilities. the base has 3 houses with 7 rooms + the farm which has 14. The code will be so long that it could make the game crash.

The choice of the room to be repaired is the name of the normal room. In addition, each room is indicated when it needs to be repaired, just follow the walkthroughs and what the NPCs say. Example: Kate says as she joins the base that she is going to create a workshop in the living room of the 2nd house. Or Sophia offers to transform the kitchen of the 3rd house into a workshop of items to use in battle.

Pay attention to the movement of NPCs in the base. Some of them will be in rooms that have not yet been repaired and will offer new building ideas. Potion laboratory, shooting range, combat items workshop, ...
Yeah, coding could be an issue, and it depends on how much you plan to do. It's also the difference between tearing it all down and redoing it or making minor tweaks.

One thing you could consider is allowing rooms to be repaired ahead of time. So instead of using the quest trigger to unlock the room being repaired ("I have no need of this for now") just let the player repair the rooms in advance. Would also speed up some portions of gameplay since sometimes you have to run back and forth to unlock the quest point to repair the room then run back to tell them a room is ready to recruit (EG: Jessie). Just a change in dialogue. If flag = 0 then "There all clean. Ready for someone to move in" If flag = 1 then "This room would be perfect for X" where X is the survivor you can invite to that room.

Difference in execution I guess.

Going back and checking Kate's recruitment process I finally noticed it only mentions the 2nd house when you finish repairing her room and that's only as an afterthought with the tutorial messages about increasing food/water costs for each survivor you add. It also hints about it when it says 'the living room of the house next door' in her character introduction. Though her walkthrough for workshop just says 'start by building her a workshop' instead of upgrading the workshop that technically already exists. She never actually outright says she is creating a workshop because the workshop is created immediately after recruitment and she just vanishes out of sight.

I guess it's embedded, but not in places you'd expect to see it. You also can't 'pay attention to the movement of the NPC' since she just poofs and appears indoors of the 2nd house which is not visible unless you go into the house which theoretically you don't need to after collecting all the cloth.

Maybe add a transition quest step to build the workshop? Move her outside House 2 after recruitment and when its not mealtime and when you talk to her she asks you to clean up the living room and provides you the materials for the first level. Then reword the Workshop lvl02 quest to 'improve her workshop' so it doesn't imply you need to build it and you would already know its in House 2.

It's just a bit clunky as a new player since you build her room in house 1, get a few lines after you repair and at the tail end of a tutorial message about food and supplies per survivor which is very similar to the messages you get when you repair the kitchen (hence why I blew past it and missed the note at the end). Then she vanishes and doesn't mention it ever again.

Sophie is an example of things linking together partially. She actually stands outside House 3 till you repair a room for her. This tells you her room is in House 3 and it's even Room 1 of the house. When its repaired she stands in the kitchen and tell you a workshop can be made there. Telling you the kitchen would be her workshop.

Lin gets a room in House 2 and tells you she would like a lab which is the kitchen of house 2. Though the flags here are broken since you can actually repair the Kitchen before recruiting Lin to give Lin a lab even though you technically have no clue who that is.

Kate gets a room in House 1 and her workshop is in 'the living room', but I thought it would be House 1's living room, but instead she is in House 2.

Charlotte stands outside of the Farm so you know she needs a room in the Farm, but good luck guessing it's room 6 unless you read the walkthrough.

Jessie is even worse since she stays on her farm and wants room 8 in the farm. Again, just have to plow through all the other rooms unless you read the walkthrough.

TSGS

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2019
Yeah, coding could be an issue, and it depends on how much you plan to do. It's also the difference between tearing it all down and redoing it or making minor tweaks.

One thing you could consider is allowing rooms to be repaired ahead of time. So instead of using the quest trigger to unlock the room being repaired ("I have no need of this for now") just let the player repair the rooms in advance. Would also speed up some portions of gameplay since sometimes you have to run back and forth to unlock the quest point to repair the room then run back to tell them a room is ready to recruit (EG: Jessie). Just a change in dialogue. If flag = 0 then "There all clean. Ready for someone to move in" If flag = 1 then "This room would be perfect for X" where X is the survivor you can invite to that room.

Difference in execution I guess.

Going back and checking Kate's recruitment process I finally noticed it only mentions the 2nd house when you finish repairing her room and that's only as an afterthought with the tutorial messages about increasing food/water costs for each survivor you add. It also hints about it when it says 'the living room of the house next door' in her character introduction. Though her walkthrough for workshop just says 'start by building her a workshop' instead of upgrading the workshop that technically already exists. She never actually outright says she is creating a workshop because the workshop is created immediately after recruitment and she just vanishes out of sight.

I guess it's embedded, but not in places you'd expect to see it. You also can't 'pay attention to the movement of the NPC' since she just poofs and appears indoors of the 2nd house which is not visible unless you go into the house which theoretically you don't need to after collecting all the cloth.

Maybe add a transition quest step to build the workshop? Move her outside House 2 after recruitment and when its not mealtime and when you talk to her she asks you to clean up the living room and provides you the materials for the first level. Then reword the Workshop lvl02 quest to 'improve her workshop' so it doesn't imply you need to build it and you would already know its in House 2.

It's just a bit clunky as a new player since you build her room in house 1, get a few lines after you repair and at the tail end of a tutorial message about food and supplies per survivor which is very similar to the messages you get when you repair the kitchen (hence why I blew past it and missed the note at the end). Then she vanishes and doesn't mention it ever again.

Sophie is an example of things linking together partially. She actually stands outside House 3 till you repair a room for her. This tells you her room is in House 3 and it's even Room 1 of the house. When its repaired she stands in the kitchen and tell you a workshop can be made there. Telling you the kitchen would be her workshop.

Lin gets a room in House 2 and tells you she would like a lab which is the kitchen of house 2. Though the flags here are broken since you can actually repair the Kitchen before recruiting Lin to give Lin a lab even though you technically have no clue who that is.

Kate gets a room in House 1 and her workshop is in 'the living room', but I thought it would be House 1's living room, but instead she is in House 2.

Charlotte stands outside of the Farm so you know she needs a room in the Farm, but good luck guessing it's room 6 unless you read the walkthrough.

Jessie is even worse since she stays on her farm and wants room 8 in the farm. Again, just have to plow through all the other rooms unless you read the walkthrough.
Sophia, Charlotte and Jeanne (3rd not yet available) are the 3 who will fight with you so I preferred to offer the recruitment directly without the bedroom. I could have done the same thing for all the other NPCs but I find it a bit normal that they don't want to move until they have a place to sleep.

As Kate is the 1st to be recruited, I found it much more logical that she uses a room in the 1st house and as the living room of the 1st house is going to be a real living room to spend relaxing evenings (unlocked threesome), it was better to put the workshop in the 2nd house. yes, Kate mentions the 2nd house after she was recruited because she says she would like to use the living room to craft equipment to fight zombies.

About the workshop, Kate is simply in a dirty room, with debris everywhere to make the first equipments but you clean the room for her and set up a desk for her to work with so yes, you make her a workshop to move on to lvl2. Given the importance of equipment in combat, I thought it was better to make the lvl1 available directly. And for those who haven't seen it, the workshop really gets better with the lvl because the room changes too.

I defined the bedroom of each NPC because each hour that an NPC spends in her room, it's 1 event, if I give the choice of the bedroom, it means that each NPC will have to be created 20 times for each hour she will be in her room (20 times because 20 bedrooms). And it is normal to look at the walkthrough to know the bedroom in which they are going to move because this is the kind of information that it must give, moreover this information is indicated for each of them.

The goal of blocking the repair of a bedroom until the NPC has been found, shows that you still have NPCs to find. If the room is repaired but you don't see an NPC inside, has she been found or is she traveling into the base?

When I talk about the movement of NPCs, I'm just talking about where they are in the base. You found Lin and Sophia but there's also Charlotte and Jessie.

Can the kitchen in the 2nd house be fixed before recruiting Lin? If so, I have to block it.

For those who may not have seen it, some NPCs change locations with base repair. Example: NPCs use the toilet when the bathrooms are repaired. NPCs are in their rooms or on the street when they have nothing to do, but some rooms will give them something to spend their time. For the moment, only Sophia does it 1 more time than the others with the room added with Charlotte but all the NPCs will do it with new rooms that will arrive (Gym, swimming pool,...) :p

2.70 star(s) 6 Votes