Snowgrave47

Jul 16, 2022
man the controls are horrendus, also how do i even get out of the house at the start of the game? i have interacted with literally everything

Last edited:

gpalomares681

Apr 13, 2021
I love the concept and how the game is being developed, only thing is that I'm pretty lost on how to advance, how to trigger the gender change and pregnancy stuff and to understand which version is which to download, if anyone could help me I would appreciate it a lot

Dr...

Dec 1, 2020
I love the concept and how the game is being developed, only thing is that I'm pretty lost on how to advance, how to trigger the gender change and pregnancy stuff and to understand which version is which to download, if anyone could help me I would appreciate it a lot
First, just install the version with the highest label (right now is "YYC 20240617v3" (YoYo Compiler 2024, june 17th, Version 3)) It doesn't really matter if you choose VM (Virtual Machine), or YYC (YoYo Compiler), but most of the times YYC is faster than VM, other than that, they are the same.

And, if you feel lost, look around this forum, there is a few guides or some things similar to guides, but they can be helpful on some way.

Just remember "Think, Attempt, Repeat", most of the puzzles can be solve if you think outside the box or think on some weird way to get though it.

Example · (spoiler)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

More than that, just remember this is a game, a puzzle. Made for entertime you and make you think or enjoy, don't push yourself to something like "i need to get every achievement possible!!", because there isn't any.
The game is in develop, and you, and all of us, just need to keep that on mind.
This is a game. Not a list of things to do.

Now go, and enjoy your free time.

gpalomares681

Apr 13, 2021
First, just install the version with the highest label (right now is "YYC 20240617v3" (YoYo Compiler 2024, june 17th, Version 3)) It doesn't really matter if you choose VM (Virtual Machine), or YYC (YoYo Compiler), but most of the times YYC is faster than VM, other than that, they are the same.

And, if you feel lost, look around this forum, there is a few guides or some things similar to guides, but they can be helpful on some way.

Just remember "Think, Attempt, Repeat", most of the puzzles can be solve if you think outside the box or think on some weird way to get though it.

Example · (spoiler)

More than that, just remember this is a game, a puzzle. Made for entertime you and make you think or enjoy, don't push yourself to something like "i need to get every achievement possible!!", because there isn't any.

Thank you so much for the comment, I'll do as you say, I won't push like you said, thank you again

Gyugyu6969

Jun 23, 2024
no, you are not dumb. there is nothing hint. you need consume time, but how? there is not permanent sign on the items what can be using/interacting for the progress. only sometime temporary for all items. too bad there isnt a guide.
i thought it was eating

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I'm stuck on the nanami ending of the Coffee Story Extras, I don't have enough context to figure out what it is even asking me to think about. Solve an equation, I don't know what that could relate to in the events that led up to it.
Wrong thread.

Eryzell

Jul 16, 2019
Keep getting this error after meeting yuki after the first night. Also how do you even save
of Other Event: User Defined 0
for object objText:

Unable to find any instance for object index '128' name 'objPortrait'
at gml_Object_objText_Other_10
############################################################################################
gml_Object_objText_Other_10 (line -1)
gml_Object_objText_Step_0 (line -1)

alexanderXD

Apr 25, 2021

Example · (spoiler)

yeah this kind of feels like it needs to be in the instructions i mean how would you know which game version is which

unniex

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
yeah this kind of feels like it needs to be in the instructions i mean how would you know which game version is which
There will be only one version moving forward. I've kept both available because a supporter I trust told me the YYC version triggered Windows defender. I have no recourse for that, but it seems there haven't been any further complaints.

There's also a work in progress build in the mega folder. I don't advertise these, but it's the latest one, I guess. It has sound and weather effects as well as control changes from the boardgame.

Reactions: Serpream

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
There will be only one version moving forward. I've kept both available because a supporter I trust told me the YYC version triggered Windows defender. I have no recourse for that, but it seems there haven't been any further complaints.

There's also a work in progress build in the mega folder. I don't advertise these, but it's the latest one, I guess. It has sound and weather effects as well as control changes from the boardgame.
Windows defender triggers for any exe file it doesn't recognize if you have your settings to strict.
Guy probably had his settings a bit too strict.

josueperez99

Nov 14, 2023
I got the error again, apparently every time you are going to take out what you have you throw the error, is there any corrected version? I'm using this Coffee Story 20240819v5 WIP, help mee :(
Variable Get 105501 (100490, -2147483648)############################################################################################
gml_Script_sc_birth_48 (line 168)
gml_Object_objPlayer_Draw_0 (line 90)
gml_Object_obj_sort_Draw_0 (line 25)

1726021382946.png

SpikyCookie

Apr 2, 2023
Are there any plans to introduce direct character customization?

There is quite a bit of variety in terms of clothes, body sizes, hairstyles etc. so it's a bit annoying that there is currently no way to directly select the kind of appearance you want. Maybe for Free Play at least.

Edit: Also, is the current endpoint of the game the sleepover event? There doesn't seem to be any story afterwards.

Last edited:

Lovius

Nov 2, 2017
How do i enter Pin code? I know my code but when put numbers and hit confirm nothing happens... I tried mash all type of keys on my keyboard but still nothing happens. Maybe im not playing right version(Coffee Story 20240819v5 WIP)?

Last edited:

unniex

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
How do i enter Pin code? I know my code but when put numbers and hit confirm nothing happens... I tried mash all type of keys on my keyboard but still nothing happens. Maybe im not playing right version(Coffee Story 20240819v5 WIP)?
Try standing further away from the door. There's a bug in the wip build that prioritizes the door interaction over pin entry.
There's probably a ton of bugs since I didn't test it.

Are there any plans to introduce direct character customization?

There is quite a bit of variety in terms of clothes, body sizes, hairstyles etc. so it's a bit annoying that there is currently no way to directly select the kind of appearance you want. Maybe for Free Play at least.

Edit: Also, is the current endpoint of the game the sleepover event? There doesn't seem to be any story afterwards.
Yes. But I work at the speed of government and have been prioritizing the spin-off game recently.
Character custimization will come when the dream world hub is ready. It will consume colored orbs that have been all over the place.

End for scripted story? Yes. I don't remember if free form interactions with the NPCs come before or after the sleepover in the latest build.

Last edited:

Pankaxe

Sep 21, 2024
Got this after petting the cat and then trying to interact with it again. (Just left the street corner for the first time)

of Step Event0
for object obj_group_1:

index out of bounds request -44 maximum size is 1############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_group_1_Step_0 (line 52)

vesolan

Jun 5, 2017
im getting this error code when i move close to the chair (see image)

will download an earlier version and see if i can play that like the game so far

3.80 star(s) 22 Votes