Unity Too Much Light [v0.6a] [Shine]

3.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Trigard

Jan 10, 2019
While factually true and valid take, this site is also ripe with examples of exactly the sort of developer koza is talking about. In fact, I'd say the majority of western games here are pure patreon milking factories, with very few actual long-burn development titles and indie devs actually spending the time and resources patreon cashflow affords them to develop their game.

Personally if I had to stop the development for an indeterminate amount of time, I'd also stop accepting patreon money. There's an argument that continuing to accept money while the development is stopped might allow you to get back to development sooner, but there's also the point that accepting money to support development of your game without doing any of said development is a scam practice.

Don't feel like the case applies in this case and the conversation is largely irrelevant to this thread.

The guy having the version and willing to share did so within few hours.
There is no guy having the version and willing to share for two days.
What is hard to understand here?
Developer wrote on discord more than once to simply suspend subscriptions until the game is released. Besides, currently, due to the blockade of the banking system in Russia, Patreon does not transfer payments to the creator. Unless something has changed.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Shiny_

Game Developer
Apr 29, 2020
Personally if I had to stop the development for an indeterminate amount of time, I'd also stop accepting patreon money.

Let me try to explain. For some people this may be an excuse, but I'm just explaining.
I have a very old fan base, there aren't many of them, about 50 people, they asked me not to close the patreon and it's okay if the game doesn't come out for a long time, the main thing is that I can solve my problems and comeback game development and that's exactly what happened.
I always told everyone else to unsubscribe from the patreon and just wait for the new version of the game.

Reapergod36

Jun 23, 2017
I can't seem to find a way to craft medkits. So for now I'm at 2 HP after seeing some of the Night Stalker animations.

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
How did it happen that last time the 5E maximum was available in a few hours, but now two days have passed and no one is sharing)
The difference is, that nowadays the thread is plagued by people insulting the dev and Patreon supporters. So even though it's not the majority, sharing a build in this thread now has the unintended consequence of taking side with those people.

I legit don't understand why this kind of posts is allowed. It benefits nobody and just degrades the reputation of f95. Yes, there are people who legit can't afford 5$ and for them piracy is sort of acceptable, but when people start to brag about INTENTIONALLY not giving money, this is falling outside of the scope.

3.60 star(s) 44 Votes