datarelay

Jun 8, 2021
Whaat?
A VN with a female protagonist that ends up dying because no one gives a fuck about VNs when the protag is a woman?
What a shock!

xana94

Nov 13, 2021
every great game has to be abandoned by the devs. :(
# Miri's Corruption Remake! Coming Soon™️

Late last year, I began writing a design document for a remake of Miri's Corruption. At the time I wasn't sure I was going to go ahead with it, but after adding to it on and off for a few months, it began to come together. Around May of this year, I was ready to begin work proper.

At the time of writing, I've built a solid foundation, but there's still much to be done. I learned a lot from the initial Miri's Corruption project, mainly to focus on code first, rather than appearance first. Much of the work I've done in the months since beginning has been coding, planning and writing.

While the initial release of the remake is still a ways off, and certain things will be subject to change, here's a few things you can expect.

- **Better Story**: The Remake will firmly take place in the Elder Scrolls universe. I would consider it fan-fiction, as certain events, people and places will be different, but much will be familiar.

- **Better Characters**: Fully fleshed out characters with rich backstories, motivations, alignments and appearances.

- **Better Pacing**: No more becoming turbo corrupted within an hour of play. Miri will have to endure much more to accept depraved acts, and characters will require more time spent with our heroine before they can be romanced.

- **Dynamic Dialogue**: Dialogue, both from Miri and others, will change depending on certain variables. Your Choices Matter™

- **Better Mechanics**: Inventory, combat, spells and interactions with the goal of adding to the narrative, in a simple and effective way.

- **Skills**: Similar to Skyrim, Miri will improve her skills by doing tasks related to them. Whether it's serving tables, wrangling beasts, casting spells or bedroom activities, the more Miri does something, the better she'll become, the better the rewards, and the better the outcomes.

- **Stats, Stats, Stats**: Everything (everything lewd, at least) will be tracked. Every slap on Miri's rear, every kiss, every time Miri gets pulled aside and [CAN'T SAY THAT ON A CHRISTIAN WEBSITE] will be tracked and displayed in Miri's journal.

- **Events & Encounters**: While Miri goes about her day-to-day in the city where the remake takes place, she will bump into different characters, depending on the time of day and location. The streets will be relatively safe during the day, but not as much during the night. And should she explore the city's underbelly? She may never be heard from again.

- **Player Freedom**: While the main story will unlock new characters to meet, new places to see, and things to do, the meat of the game will be independent of the main story. Bad Ends will no longer send you back to the main menu screen. Instead, you'll need to find out how to escape the situation.

There's more, but you get the idea. It's gonna be great stew of a game, and as with any good stew, it takes time to cook. So, I dunno, spam **#LetHerCook** whenever someone asks where the VN is. It's coming. Eventually.

Mythos079

Jan 5, 2022

Late last year, I began writing a design document for a remake of Miri's Corruption. At the time I wasn't sure I was going to go ahead with it, but after adding to it on and off for a few months, it began to come together. Around May of this year, I was ready to begin work proper.

At the time of writing, I've built a solid foundation, but there's still much to be done. I learned a lot from the initial Miri's Corruption project, mainly to focus on code first, rather than appearance first. Much of the work I've done in the months since beginning has been coding, planning and writing.

While the initial release of the remake is still a ways off, and certain things will be subject to change, here's a few things you can expect.

- **Better Story**: The Remake will firmly take place in the Elder Scrolls universe. I would consider it fan-fiction, as certain events, people and places will be different, but much will be familiar.

- **Better Characters**: Fully fleshed out characters with rich backstories, motivations, alignments and appearances.

- **Better Pacing**: No more becoming turbo corrupted within an hour of play. Miri will have to endure much more to accept depraved acts, and characters will require more time spent with our heroine before they can be romanced.

- **Dynamic Dialogue**: Dialogue, both from Miri and others, will change depending on certain variables. Your Choices Matter™

- **Better Mechanics**: Inventory, combat, spells and interactions with the goal of adding to the narrative, in a simple and effective way.

- **Skills**: Similar to Skyrim, Miri will improve her skills by doing tasks related to them. Whether it's serving tables, wrangling beasts, casting spells or bedroom activities, the more Miri does something, the better she'll become, the better the rewards, and the better the outcomes.

- **Stats, Stats, Stats**: Everything (everything lewd, at least) will be tracked. Every slap on Miri's rear, every kiss, every time Miri gets pulled aside and [CAN'T SAY THAT ON A CHRISTIAN WEBSITE] will be tracked and displayed in Miri's journal.

- **Events & Encounters**: While Miri goes about her day-to-day in the city where the remake takes place, she will bump into different characters, depending on the time of day and location. The streets will be relatively safe during the day, but not as much during the night. And should she explore the city's underbelly? She may never be heard from again.

- **Player Freedom**: While the main story will unlock new characters to meet, new places to see, and things to do, the meat of the game will be independent of the main story. Bad Ends will no longer send you back to the main menu screen. Instead, you'll need to find out how to escape the situation.

There's more, but you get the idea. It's gonna be great stew of a game, and as with any good stew, it takes time to cook. So, I dunno, spam **#LetHerCook** whenever someone asks where the VN is. It's coming. Eventually.
It seems to me this is becoming a sandbox. If that will be the case, another good game ruined.

Bambourex

Jan 3, 2024

مُـتَـشـائِـل ♡ on X: Don't do that Don't give me hope .. !  #avangersendgame https://t.co/Ar87egDMy9 / X

Sep 8, 2017

The dev is gonna use Skyrim modded for images, or a new engine?

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020
I noticed that the modlist was included for Skyrim in the Developer notes. I'd love to make my own scenes, but have no idea how to do modding. Is there some way to install all of the mods in one package? Or would I have to install them one by one?

LewdAnnieMay

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2018
I noticed that the modlist was included for Skyrim in the Developer notes. I'd love to make my own scenes, but have no idea how to do modding. Is there some way to install all of the mods in one package? Or would I have to install them one by one?
The modlist is very out of date at this point. The best advice I can offer for a newcomer is to find a modpack that you like the look of, and modify it to your tastes if possible. Alternatively, do everything from scratch by yourself, but this can take a long time and it's difficult to know which mods to pick, as there's a lot of redundant mods.

wintersedge91

Sep 27, 2018

any idea when it will be released?

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The modlist is very out of date at this point. The best advice I can offer for a newcomer is to find a modpack that you like the look of, and modify it to your tastes if possible. Alternatively, do everything from scratch by yourself, but this can take a long time and it's difficult to know which mods to pick, as there's a lot of redundant mods.
I personally despise "mod lists", I like doing things myself personally. These are lists are great, for "mod managers" I leave that up to whatever that person prefers, people like Mod Organizer 2 for Bethesda games and some like Vortex (some say it sucks, eh whatever)..but these resources will get you up and running.

Loverslab has a setup to get anyone started new.

- complete setup for the adult side

- I just start with the "most downloaded" and go through them and found ones I like

Before I nuked my Skyrim mod index I had about 40GB (mostly garbage installed) or so.

That above can be used for Fallout 4 as well.

- complete setup

Same with Nexus, just scroll most downloaded.

NOTE: Due some things that have came to light with AAF some might think about switching to and

Reactions: NexusSteele

LewdAnnieMay

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2018
I personally despise "mod lists", I like doing things myself personally. These are lists are great, for "mod managers" I leave that up to whatever that person prefers, people like Mod Organizer 2 for Bethesda games and some like Vortex (some say it sucks, eh whatever)..but these resources will get you up and running.

Loverslab has a setup to get anyone started new.

- complete setup for the adult side

- I just start with the "most downloaded" and go through them and found ones I like

Before I nuked my Skyrim mod index I had about 40GB (mostly garbage installed) or so.

That above can be used for Fallout 4 as well.

- complete setup

Same with Nexus, just scroll most downloaded.

NOTE: Due some things that have came to light with AAF some might think about switching to and
I agree to a certain extent. Mindlessly downloading everything from someone else's modlist is going to cause issues, but it can be a nice source of reference. Mine especially would be annoying for most, because I'm still on 1.5.97 and I have a bunch of mods that are either only for that version or downgraded to that version. Then there's the mods that aren't on the nexus, or loverslab, or the ones that flat out aren't available anywhere anymore. Doing everything by yourself from scratch with little to no guidance is a surefire way to run into issues, but so is blindly following modlists. There's no real easy way to do all of this, sadly.

4.30 star(s) 37 Votes