Others None [Translation Request] Saiminjutsu Re [Fudegaki Soft]

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
MED.py only replaces strings so for example here:
Code:
t '定期テストが終わったせいか、みんな、どことなく'
nl  && t 'ゆったりしている。'
It prints a string, moves to the next line and prints another string.
You would have to split your translation through the two strings. With my parser you can add/remove any strings that you want so it is more flexible. Also not a fan of the huge json MED.py generates, no way to know where and what you are translating.
That is really nice of you and also if it worked for other games that uses the same engine that would be nice as well, of course I am not asking you to test it on any other game I am just calculating possibilities here.

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
Any estimate time when the tool is going to be ready, tested out, days, weeks, months.... ?
Only working on this on my free time, and don't really want to give an eta as I don't know if I will have further issues in the future. But here is an update:

I've had to do some big changes such as the way I was instrumenting (basically the way I am patching) the game. Usually, i'd extend the code in , but it really doesn't work well with these games due to reasons.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Currently I'm rewriting some logic from VNTextProxy to my new tooling that fixes the text in the game. I'm honestly taking my time since its a lot of new stuff and want to do it properly.

Last edited:

Mungonr7123

Jan 24, 2019
Reactions: forbiddentwo

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
I haven't worked on this for a while but I did some work today and finished fixing the fullwidth issue, at least for the main text:
1725830210660.png
(still a lot of work to do with the game, the names and history is unchanged)
1725830358916.png
I won't share this since its pretty rough and not done.

However, I attached my python code that parses the game script.
Basic usage:
Bash:
# unpack the md_scr
python .\cli.py unpack .\tests\md_scr.med
# copy all from input to output
cp .\input\* .\output\
# lets say we want to edit the prologue
python .\cli.py parse .\input\PROL_A_90776
# open .\intermediate_file\PROL_A_90776.script and make the changes you want
# now we compile it back to its binary form, --h2f converts all strings to full width since this game only supports those
python .\cli.py compile --h2f .\intermediate_file\PROL_A_90776.script
# and pack it back to a med
python .\cli.py pack
# _new.med is the patched output, you can rename it and overwrite the game
I'll probably stop for now, its hard to keep motivated on this project unless someone actually picks up translating this or any other Fudegaki Soft games. If that is the case message me.

Fatso999

Jul 14, 2019
I haven't worked on this for a while but I did some work today and finished fixing the fullwidth issue, at least for the main text:
View attachment 4014461
(still a lot of work to do with the game, the names and history is unchanged)
View attachment 4014467
I won't share this since its pretty rough and not done.

However, I attached my python code that parses the game script.
Basic usage:
Bash:
# unpack the md_scr
python .\cli.py unpack .\tests\md_scr.med
# copy all from input to output
cp .\input\* .\output\
# lets say we want to edit the prologue
python .\cli.py parse .\input\PROL_A_90776
# open .\intermediate_file\PROL_A_90776.script and make the changes you want
# now we compile it back to its binary form, --h2f converts all strings to full width since this game only supports those
python .\cli.py compile --h2f .\intermediate_file\PROL_A_90776.script
# and pack it back to a med
python .\cli.py pack
# _new.med is the patched output, you can rename it and overwrite the game
I'll probably stop for now, its hard to keep motivated on this project unless someone actually picks up translating this or any other Fudegaki Soft games. If that is the case message me.
Thanks for making the program, someone like SVN can pick it up at least
I tested it in the meantime with a low quality MTL and it works (besides some weird engine stuff like ~ breaking compiling)

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
Thanks for making the program, someone like SVN can pick it up at least
I tested it in the meantime with a low quality MTL and it works (besides some weird engine stuff like ~ breaking compiling)
Yeah I haven't bugfixed that much, for example I'm pretty sure you cant escape quotes (") meaning you can't use them in text. And there might be some more opcodes that need implementing. (if you see a error mentioning OPCODE args on a file you need to edit, mention it to me)
Note that the games missing translations in SVN still need to be patched or the text  l o o k s   l  i  k  e  t  h  i  s.

Might as well do a writeup with everything I discovered:
After combining all these tricks here is Saiminjutsu 3, translation is free GPT4 for the start of the prologue:
1726097657561.png 1726097713086.png 1726097746227.png
All of this should apply to the pre-2016 Fudegaki games and most likely some later BLACKRAINBOW games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fatso999

Fatso999

Jul 14, 2019
Yeah I haven't bugfixed that much, for example I'm pretty sure you cant escape quotes (") meaning you can't use them in text. And there might be some more opcodes that need implementing. (if you see a error mentioning OPCODE args on a file you need to edit, mention it to me)
Note that the games missing translations in SVN still need to be patched or the text  l o o k s   l  i  k  e  t  h  i  s.

Might as well do a writeup with everything I discovered:
After combining all these tricks here is Saiminjutsu 3, translation is free GPT4 for the start of the prologue:
View attachment 4023902 View attachment 4023906 View attachment 4023910
All of this should apply to the pre-2016 Fudegaki games and most likely some later BLACKRAINBOW games.
Yeah it's kinda expected, based on my playing around a lot of engines don't like particular punctuation since they're used for specific functions

I was going to try and MTL Saiminjutsu 2 but I couldn't find a reliable source to download it lol. I'm not tech savvy enough to delve into reverse engineering and hex stuff though

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
Yeah it's kinda expected, based on my playing around a lot of engines don't like particular punctuation since they're used for specific functions

I was going to try and MTL Saiminjutsu 2 but I couldn't find a reliable source to download it lol. I'm not tech savvy enough to delve into reverse engineering and hex stuff though
I actually have it in my archive drive, since I downloaded the some time ago. Here:
My tools wont be useful for those games but this guy made some tools for them, also a partial for saiminjutsu 2?
https://f95zone.to/threads/translation-request-saiminjutsu-2-black-rainbow.90051/post-13646517

Last edited:
Reactions: Fatso999

avervon

Modder
Sep 24, 2022
I actually have it in my archive drive, since I downloaded the some time ago. Here:
My tools wont be useful for those games but this guy made some tools for them, also a partial for saiminjutsu 2?
https://f95zone.to/threads/translation-request-saiminjutsu-2-black-rainbow.90051/post-13646517
I do want to translate this in the future, but it would only be after my current project is done, so it's a matter of when, not if.