4.50 star(s) 89 Votes

Enlight432

Jan 4, 2024
Although I personally enjoy the story completely and I don't need a choice to change the direction
But i will share an experience that might be helpful :
A long time ago, I played a game (I don't remember the name) that used single-option choices ! :HideThePain:
Despite its illogical and strange nature, it evoked an good fake sense, As if I was shaping the story like a game

Enlight432

Jan 4, 2024
Of course that's even worst.
So it doesn't feel good for you

It felt surprisingly good to me
Like: fuck her hard
When I chose this, it was like I decided to fuck her hard or not (slow) :KEK:

Again, this approach is illogical and strange

Last edited:

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
So it doesn't feel good for you

It felt surprisingly good to me
Like: fuck her hard
When I chose this, it was like I decided to fuck her hard or not (slow) :KEK:

Again, this approach is irrational and strange
Uhm... Sorry what?

Enlight432

Jan 4, 2024
Uhm... Sorry what?
The reason you didn't understand what I mean is that it is not a logical approach, it is more of an empirical/emotional one
Anyway, I told this experience so that I maybe have helped those who enjoy the VN much less than the game

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
The reason you didn't understand what I mean is that it is not a logical approach, it is more of an empirical/emotional one
Anyway, I told this experience so that I maybe have helped those who enjoy the VN much less than the game
So, stating that VNs where you make choices are games, KNs where you just read a story and click to 'turn pages' are not games and VNs that give you single choices are neither and so they are a worst product is an emotional argument?
If you say so...

EDIT:
But on one thing you are right, i didn't take a logical approach to the argument. In order to take one i should have started by the definition of game and then show how one genre is a game and the other two are not. So, allow me.

I'll take the definition of videogame, since the definition of games implies a multiplayer scenario that is not always true for videogames

"an electronic game in which players control images on a video screen"

Now, in all cases we have images on a video screen, but while KNs require you to click to keep reading, you have no control at all on which image you get as result. In VNs when a path forks it's a direct consequence of the act of the player of controlling which of the option proposed to choose.

About VNs with a single choice each time, they are not games because of the same reason of before.

Now to get to say that they are worst than proper VNs and KNs i shoud provide more definitions and arguments, but i would just keep it short saying that adding a menu option with no function is, de facto, useless or at least it requires more effort then just to click to transiction to the next image, therefore it's a worst solution to the problem (of moving the story foreward)

I hope i was logical enough now.

Last edited:

Enlight432

Jan 4, 2024
So, stating that VNs where you make choices are games, KNs where you just read a story and click to 'turn pages' are not games and VNs that give you single choices are neither and so they are a worst product is an emotional argument?
If you say so...

EDIT:
But on one thing you are right, i didn't take a logical approach to the argument. In order to take one i should have started by the definition of game and then show how one genre is a game and the other two are not. So, allow me.

I'll take the definition of videogame, since the definition of games implies a multiplayer scenario that is not always true for videogames

Now, in all cases we have images on a video screen, but while KNs require you to click to keep reading, you have no control at all on which image you get as result. In VNs when a path forks it's a direct consequence of the act of the player of controlling which of the option proposed to choose.

About VNs with a single choice each time, they are not games because of the same reason of before.

Now to get to say that they are worst than proper VNs and KNs i shoud provide more definitions and arguments, but i would just keep it short saying that adding a menu option with no function is, de facto, useless or at least it requires more effort then just to click to transiction to the next image, therefore it's a worst solution to the problem (of moving the story foreward)

I hope i was logical enough now.
Now you have completely analyzed and looked at the case with a logical approach
I agree with all your words and I said 4 times in previous posts that this approach is completely illogical and may not help many people, this approach is completely emotional and taste oriented

Personally, single-option choices helped me feel more immersed, self-inserting, and game-oriented
That is, in my experience :
Game > VN + single-option choices > VN

You can't check this matter with logic, you have to test it, if it feels good, continue, if it doesn't, do not continue

Now imagine eating a lemon (or anything sour) in your mind for 10 seconds, your mouth will water, while logically you are not eating it (The subconscious mind does not know the difference between reality and imagination)
So you have to test it, maybe it gave you a better feeling because of the easier imagination and as a result the production of stronger feelings by the subconscious mind

Sorry, my English is not very good
Anyway, this had a positive effect on me
And because it is not a logical issue, there is no room for discussion, you have to experience whether it has a positive effect or not

Reactions: Machete and drdratz

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Now you have completely analyzed and looked at the case with a logical approach
I agree with all your words and I said 4 times in previous posts that this approach is completely illogical and may not help many people, this approach is completely emotional and taste oriented

Personally, single-option choices helped me feel more immersed, self-inserting, and game-oriented
That is, in my experience :
Game > VN + single-option choices > VN

You can't check this matter with logic, you have to test it, if it feels good, continue, if it doesn't, do not continue

Now imagine eating a lemon (or anything sour) in your mind for 10 seconds, your mouth will water, while logically you are not eating it (The subconscious mind does not know the difference between reality and imagination)
So you have to test it, maybe it gave you a better feeling because of the easier imagination of the subconscious mind

Sorry, my English is not very good
Anyway, this had a positive effect on me
And because it is not a logical issue, there is no room for discussion, you have to experience whether it has a positive effect or not
Sorry, i must admit i didn't get at all what you were trying to say earlier. That's why i was puzzled.
My first language is not english either.

Moto_Tsume

May 19, 2022
I would like to offer this advise : Keep track on the number of characters. If you introduce too many characters you will give them too little spotlight and at the same time slow the story progression down. Make a plan and always make sure to enjoy the story you are making, if you don't then it will get sour fast. You have 7 female characters and 6-7 male ones, it is enough for now.

drdratz

Formerly 'drdrdrdrdrdr'
Aug 21, 2023
I think it's pointless to discuss this. We all have different tastes, opinions, and interests (and the person creating the game has all the control), but I'll say it anyway.

There are some scenarios in Once in a Lifetime (the second best game on F95) where you have 2 choices: A and B.
If you choose B, you die and the game ends.
If you choose A, you live and continue playing the game.

In the end, if you want to keep playing, you only have a single choice.

VNs that give you single choices are neither and so they are a worst product
Using this argument, wouldn't that make the game worst?

In my opinion, these are all just terminologies. We shouldn’t focus on these things and should just enjoy what we want.

----

I like these as well, especially in scenarios where I am the one in control. What you're saying is that it can increase immersion a lot because it feels like if you don't press the button, it won't happen. It also increases the hype, just like when you hear "ARE YOU READY TO...?"
But sometimes it can get frustrating if you don't choose the only option that appears...

Jdsiis

Aug 4, 2021
To quell the haters that say this game is too linear, just introduce a 2 choice box option every once in a while into the story. All it will do is change the dialogue slightly for 1 line. However, the first option would be weighed more towards an NTS option and the other would be weighed more towards an NTR option.

If you picked more of the NTR options throughout the game, the final scene will be Eric fucking both your Mom and Vi in front of you while you watch and jerk off.

If you picked more of the NTS options, the final scene will be you fucking Ari and Eric's mom at the same time while he watches and jerks off.

Reactions: Fanrunia

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I think it's pointless to discuss this.
Yes, absolutely. As i said i really didn't understand what Enlight432 was saying in his first post, and the same when he answered me telling that, basically, he had a pleasant experience with single choices VNs, which i totally respect. What i got out of the answer (and i was wrong) was that he was telling me that i used and emotional argument and not a logic one, so i just wanted to show that my argumentation had a logic approach, nothing more.

Reactions: ChO_fr

MIkedante

Dec 10, 2019
To quell the haters that say this game is too linear, just introduce a 2 choice box option every once in a while into the story. All it will do is change the dialogue slightly for 1 line. However, the first option would be weighed more towards an NTS option and the other would be weighed more towards an NTR option.

If you picked more of the NTR options throughout the game, the final scene will be Eric fucking both your Mom and Vi in front of you while you watch and jerk off.

If you picked more of the NTS options, the final scene will be you fucking Ari and Eric's mom at the same time while he watches and jerks off.
Yeah, in most games it's done in similar ways to let player choose what better suits him, but I feel that CircleGames wants done primary NTS route and making switches for NTR path slows him down (He can do it afterward when main route is done.)

But your definitions of NTR and NTS are weird to me somehow, because Eric is MC in this game, and I really don't know who is defined by word "you" there, not to mention, that if you meant it to be like this:

- If you picked more of the NTR options throughout the game, the final scene will be Sai fucking both Eric's Mom and Vi in front of Eric while he watch and jerk off.
- If you picked more of the NTS options, the final scene will be Eric fucking Ari and Sai's mom at the same time while he watches and jerks off.

even then your definitions are wrong there, because route which you defined as NTR is NTS, due to fact that Eric will watch and masturbate there and obviously will like it. And the second route which you defined as NTS, is not NTS, but Netori, from the view of MC. It's NTS only from Sai view.
NTR for Eric will be, if Violet fuck some dude behind his back and not telling him about it, or even completely fall in love with this guy and leave MC.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 89 Votes