VN Ren'Py Femboy Cafe Shop [v0.6] [Hrenit]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
why was this abandoned?
more on-hold than abandoned.....dev making bank doin animations.....and ppl there didn't seem to like the game as much....
....so maybe more in the future......or just tag the dev here and ask him........
1712702591279.png

Reactions: MelonGod

Hrenit

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2022
Yeah, It's really hard to take time to work on it. My attempts to keep making the game fail since my fans don't really like the project. I really want to finish it. But I don't know when or if ever. I have a ton of other projects to do and this game is really unpopular with my subscribers.

Dorvak

Jul 22, 2019
more on-hold than abandoned.....dev making bank doin animations.....and ppl there didn't seem to like the game as much....
....so maybe more in the future......or just tag the dev here and ask him........
View attachment 3525670
Could always start a secondary subscribestar page or something to cover this type of content so your main page doesnt suffer backlash

Hrenit

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2022
Could always start a secondary subscribestar page or something to cover this type of content so your main page doesnt suffer backlash
It's more about time constrain. I try to always release new projects. Also people are really demanding. Even with my speed they think I don't release enough content. So there is no time to make personal projects. If I had more control many things would be different. Like having time to learn to use renpy way better and add more features than just animations.

Reactions: josarian and Lerd0

Erosynth

Dec 15, 2023
It's more about time constrain. I try to always release new projects. Also people are really demanding. Even with my speed they think I don't release enough content. So there is no time to make personal projects. If I had more control many things would be different. Like having time to learn to use renpy way better and add more features than just animations.
i know it's easier said than done, but quality over quantity is the best, I would prefer a longer better animated and created games than constant short content releases constantly.

But hopefull all gets good for you in the future, and perhaps you might get time to work on projects you love. Am loving the femboys you created ngl.

(Hopefuly you don't add futas in this game tho, just an opinion)

Bonerhat

Dec 2, 2018
Yeah, It's really hard to take time to work on it. My attempts to keep making the game fail since my fans don't really like the project. I really want to finish it. But I don't know when or if ever. I have a ton of other projects to do and this game is really unpopular with my subscribers.
I dunno their reasonings, but I suspect at least partly (and also why it's not taken off much here) is that it's not really much more than just a simple animation loader as it is now. The animations are pretty well done (for the models you're working with at least, the genital attachment seams are pretty rough) so you have some skill there, but with no story, romance, or really even barely a premise to accompany them; setting up a whole renpy project for it all all seems unnecessary and I imagine if I was just a fan of the animations it'd feel like just a buncha of extra shit to download to get what I want. If your intentions with this is to pretty much just make an animation loader, then yeah the hard truth is that it's probally an unnecessary project as a whole and you might be better off just releasing them directly.

If you do want it to be it's own project though, you should start working on establishing the premise and story and all the other visual novel design pillars sooner rather than later, I'd even say stop adding animations immediately as each one is a spoiler for what should be rewarded through building romance. You need to capture people's lasting interest for the project with a solid prologue that makes them invested and excited to further interact with your cast of characters, not just fap to instantly accessible animations and leave.

If you're able to do that, and it's a cute, fun, enjoyable story, I can easily see this project having it's own subscribed fans who will be demanding you work more on it and less on your other stuff. The potential project I see here is very much in the same vein as something like Hazzlenut Latte, which you should definitely use as inspiration if you haven't seen it before.

Pretty much, make the most optimized form of what you most want to make. If it's animations, then release animations without all the renpy distractions. If it's a Visual Novel, then make a VN first then add the animations.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes