MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
If what he is saying is confusing you think of a dance. If you move your left foot then your right foot then your left again and you get a certain outcome then it doesnt matter how many times you go back in time if you go left right left you will ALWAYS get the same outcome. Instead you go back and do right right left and the outcome can change. If the save you are loading is directly on the page where the check is happening you cannot alter the history so the outcome is locked but if you have a save from a few events back you can do them slightly differently and the outcome might change or you might not get that event entirely.

Axvz

Mar 25, 2021
can't change it, appeared right in front, it's another "random encounter"
You have to load an earlier save at least a few actions before this encounter appeared and then do some thing differently. If you're lucky enough this way you won't get this encounter at all

Reactions: ViviX12

Mishun

Jan 27, 2018
re-balance this game, do your job, if you refuse to do your job i refuse to play this game, and refuse to support this:poop::mad:
60% means 1 of 4 must be successful:mad:

Aug 22, 2021
re-balance this game, do your job, if you refuse to do your job i refuse to play this game, and refuse to support this:poop::mad:
Bruh, you are on a pirate forum. Your "support" means absolutely nothing, and no one here owes you any answers. Be grateful when someone takes time out of their day to help you out.

The game's rng (like every rng) is deterministic within your sequence of choices in the game. The dev probably could make it system-clock dependent so you could reset till you got an outcome you liked, but that would mean none of your choices would be easily reproducible upon reloading save. It would be far more annoying than it currently is, and the current system is functional if you just want to re-role a specific choice.

The trick is as follows:
  1. Save frequently.
  2. When you reach a choice with RNG, identify the last option in the path that takes no time or accomplishes nothing, like looking at something, moving in and out of a room. Doing this option over and over again right before clicking the choice is how you will re-roll your rng. For example, if you want to re-roll the daily orphan status at the orphanage, you can go to and from the bathroom multiple times before going downstairs and triggering the actual status.
Note that this does not work on random encounters, because the encounter itself can't be reproduced (at least not without a lot of patience). I personally think this is good overall, as it adds some challenge to the game which you cannot save scum around, but also leaves you the opportunity to skip around bad events entirely if the outcome is too costly.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I thought you were mocking the guy before noticing it's actually still you

Mishun

Jan 27, 2018
Bruh, you are on a pirate forum. Your "support" means absolutely nothing, and no one here owes you any answers. Be grateful when someone takes time out of their day to help you out.

The game's rng (like every rng) is deterministic within your sequence of choices in the game. The dev probably could make it system-clock dependent so you could reset till you got an outcome you liked, but that would mean none of your choices would be easily reproducible upon reloading save. It would be far more annoying than it currently is, and the current system is functional if you just want to re-role a specific choice.

The trick is as follows:
  1. Save frequently.
  2. When you reach a choice with RNG, identify the last option in the path that takes no time or accomplishes nothing, like looking at something, moving in and out of a room. Doing this option over and over again right before clicking the choice is how you will re-roll your rng. For example, if you want to re-roll the daily orphan status at the orphanage, you can go to and from the bathroom multiple times before going downstairs and triggering the actual status.
Note that this does not work on random encounters, because the encounter itself can't be reproduced (at least not without a lot of patience). I personally think this is good overall, as it adds some challenge to the game which you cannot save scum around, but also leaves you the opportunity to skip around bad events entirely if the outcome is too costly.
i tried to talk to developer in places listed in OP, bit it seems dev closed eyes and ears to complains
forgive me my language :cry:
and thank you for trying to help:cry:
you owe me nothing:sick:

Amhran

Mar 22, 2022
On a side-note, you could fail a 60% success chance seven times in a row, though it is quite unlikely at about a 0.2% chance of occurring, but given that you didn't understand Axvz's helpful description of seeding determinism and how to avoid its consequences, I don't think I want to try to explain that one to you.

Last edited:

Mishun

Jan 27, 2018
On a side-note, you could fail a 60% success chance seven times in a row, though it is quite unlikely at about a 0.2% chance of occurring, but given that you didn't understand Axvz's helpful description of seeding determinism and how to avoid its consequences, I don't think I want to try to explain that one to you.
after i cooled down a bit and though about it with clear mind now i understand it, thank you anyway:)
"if something does not work do something else", i did:coffee:
everything (y) now

Kishuna

May 25, 2019
Pointless given that there have now been posted two different commands to get vrelcoins (one to unlock all feats and one to get any amount of vrelcoins). The knowledge of those should be spread more instead of those saves every time.
Fair enough.

czidnoma

Aug 30, 2019
I'm gonna repost the two commands I get a decent amount of use from when my saves get lost or I'm just feeling lazy.

in the console for your browser paste this to unlock all feats. (I am unsure if it works with the online version, but I know for sure it works with the locally-run one.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To get the best use out of the first one, make a super basic save, all default settings. Then once you're past the attitudes or whatever screen and are in your room, open your console and put in the feats command, save the game, then use options to restart the game. You should have all of the feats unlocked. Bonus: This works for modded versions that add new feats!

can someone give more detail on how to use these, for those of us who aren't coders?

whittle

Dec 18, 2023
can someone give more detail on how to use these, for those of us who aren't coders?
For those who want to get the VrelCoins (whitout playing the game):
- press f12
- go to console
- type "SugarCube.State.active.variables.feats.allSaves.points=[desired amount]" (without the [])
Usually this is where you might get the obligatory "use the search function" spiel, but it is actually a little tricky to find this post if you don't have an idea of what terms to look for.

Simply put, though, just press F12 and run either code in the console. The exact steps to actually run the code will vary a bit by browser, but F12 is pretty standard for getting you to the right place.

Reactions: Noone202 and dmnit

czidnoma

Aug 30, 2019
Usually this is where you might get the obligatory "use the search function" spiel, but it is actually a little tricky to find this post if you don't have an idea of what terms to look for.

Simply put, though, just press F12 and run either code in the console. The exact steps to actually run the code will vary a bit by browser, but F12 is pretty standard for getting you to the right place.
I'm using Firefox, and current on updates.

czidnoma

Aug 30, 2019
Haven't tested it, but for Firefox, I think it's F12, hit Console tab, type it into the bottom by the ">>".
thanks for the ELI5 information. :b it's just giving me "uncaught reference error", though? I tried looking up that error and I couldn't make sense of the results.

NotaFork

Mar 25, 2018
Have not done much in this yet ( less than a week in ) but i don't think I'll turn myself in at the police station again ... lewd.png

Mishun

Jan 27, 2018
it's hard to figure out where to look for antiques for museum, even with Winter "hints", any leads?

4.50 star(s) 191 Votes