Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
What you mean, I thought they never had the rights to the Dai series, only the Rance Series. And yes, while they take quite a long time, specially comparing to Kagura, their releases were always polished so far. JAST usually isn't that fast as well, so not that big of a difference.
... mangagamer pays its translators absolute pennies, in hopes that the translator is a fan of the game ...
... thus most translators are part-timing since you would have to work from morning to midnight to earn enough to live ...

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
... mangagamer pays its translators absolute pennies, in hopes that the translator is a fan of the game ...
... thus most translators are part-timing since you would have to work from morning to midnight to earn enough to live ...
About that I didn't know, I just said that they didn't have the rights for the Dai series.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Anyway, I really wished that AliceSoft did a small remaster of Daibanchou though. The game is great until NPI phase, when fighting the Kyuushu powers it stalls a bit, and even more after being the last power.

Not to mention that the character stats is very unbalanced, some are pretty weak for the time you get them, like Marishia or Namu. Besides that this is one of the best games around imo.
I would love to see remakes of Sengoku Rance and Daibanchou where they make it so you aren't so forced to rush and save scum 1000x.

Every time I try to play through Daibanchou, I get to near the end and realize basically I don't have enough turns left to finish it properly lmao. It's ridiculous. It would be so much more fun if you did not have to race the clock, and could take your time and do a ton of the events rather than having to pick and choose. You would still play through several times to do each of the girls' routes/endings.

Sengoku Rance, similar issue... the gourds thing is retarded and even aside from that, it's absurdly hard to get certain routes to trigger and random shit can just complete wreck your game. You can suddenly get spitroasted by multiple hostile empires then reload your save a bunch of times and one time randomly only one, or even neither, of them attack. That aspect really sucks.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I would love to see remakes of Sengoku Rance and Daibanchou where they make it so you aren't so forced to rush and save scum 1000x.

Every time I try to play through Daibanchou, I get to near the end and realize basically I don't have enough turns left to finish it properly lmao. It's ridiculous. It would be so much more fun if you did not have to race the clock, and could take your time and do a ton of the events rather than having to pick and choose. You would still play through several times to do each of the girls' routes/endings.

Sengoku Rance, similar issue... the gourds thing is retarded and even aside from that, it's absurdly hard to get certain routes to trigger and random shit can just complete wreck your game. You can suddenly get spitroasted by multiple hostile empires then reload your save a bunch of times and one time randomly only one, or even neither, of them attack. That aspect really sucks.
Sengoku Rance it isn't has bad as Daibanchou though. I get their point, the thing is to encourage replayability with extra routes, scenes and characters. On Sengoku Rance that works fine and you have tons of stuff to do here and there. With Daibanchou that works until the Kyuushu phase.

You still have something when fighting against Skull Serpents or Holy Flame, but it is already slow. Afterwards, you barely have anything. Some characters unlock need to be before turn 64 at max for example. The the issue that you can't also try to get Mishio, Sheyrer, Eileen and Eclair sucks, not to mention that Kagao or Unumaru are irrelevant. They have great stats, yet they can't be used nearly anywhere, and they don't have starts and/or aren't needed to any other character clears.

My guess is that the end of the game was rushed to start working on Daiteikoku (which was a complete mess and had tons of reworks due being too ambitious before adapting the same formula), which is sad because Daibanchou is a great game. But after you get used to all mechanics you clearly see a change of ambience before the NPI and after the NPI. It is as if something was missing.

It is sad, that part really deserved a bit more. The characters are interesting and appealing, the story is engaging as well, but the pace of the game changes too fast. After you end the Kyuushu power, you're basicly farming turns to improve the army and clearing stars till turn 99. Finally, the OST are simply outstanding and fit the orgs theme perfectly (although Alice Soft is usually great with their OST). That's the main reason I would like a small rework on Daibanchou, to fix the mess at the end. Unfortunely I don't know if that will ever happen, since some people that were on the team quit Alice Soft at mid development of Daiteikoku. But who knows, since they're doing a full revamp of the Rance Series, I still have a small hope that afterwards something is made.

Arabi1

Donor
Oct 23, 2023
It depends on how playable it is. But due the movement of the thread my guess is that no one reported it. Anyway I already did it, since they can use the same thread when the official patch comes out since it's confirmed, they usually do that. But they also want to assure that the file is safe.
Any news? Did you receive a response to this report or no notification at all?

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes