Noone202

Jan 18, 2020
Sleeping in her cottage triggers scenes that were already there,like if you sleep in her bed she jumps you and if you sleep in your bed she still jumps you xD.
Okay, how about entering his/her house at the early morning? Like very early when the door is locked?

And how to unlock the fox mask? Not the spirit mask for fox TF, the one from exclusive party

Feb 17, 2023
This is exactly why whenever someone comes in the thread and just goes "But they should just write more stuff and add more features its so easy!" i end up blasting them. So many people have no idea how much work adding something "simple" is because they think that you can just slap it on the top with a post it note. The reality is that you have to rewrite MASSIVE amounts of the game if its going to be a core feature. Like if someone wanted assertive options then you have to go into every event and add checks for multiple character stats and situation tags on top of doing a massive rewrite of the basic combat mechanics.

We already went through a massive rewrite of a large portion of the code with preg content and people took that really well. Totally arent people STILL bitching about it and how long it took. Feature creep doesnt scale linearly it compounds on itself so another major addition is going to be even more painful.
Yeah. More distinct features ain't it.
Of course I understand why people want it. But it's the same as it is with the Dog Pound. Lot of people wanted that, people wrote it, Vrel took time for it, and when all's said and done, it's just another mostly lackluster area because there just isn't much more to do with it - but hey, "it was wanted".

I'm kind of glad that the core team is decently restrictive about what they want in at this point; it's just a pity that the actual updates that get pushed have a 50/50 chance to contain "nothing" if you've got bad luck/it just happens to not be parts of the game you care for (which is entirely normal)

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Quite unrelated to ongoing discussion but noticing it I wanted to note how we now have some .
1721809776616.png
1721809823172.png
Didn't expect that stuff from typpo and damn, the game is more popular than what it feels like.

Last edited:

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Quite unrelated to ongoing discussion but noticing it I wanted to note how we now have some .
View attachment 3861739
View attachment 3861741
Didn't expect that stuff from typpo and damn, the game is more popular than what it feels like.
If Eden is the 2nd pic.
I am now an Eden worshiper.

First pic is definitely a member of this group.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Supposed to be Wren on the first one to my knowledge.
Yeah the cards kinda imply that along with his bros at the shack.
So that pic is prolly the PC losing and servicing Wren as a punishment or reward.

But it's good to see something HQ for once and not hand-drawn low quality sh- I keep seeing in reddit.

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
So that pic is prolly the PC losing and servicing Wren as a punishment or reward.

But it's good to see something HQ for once and not hand-drawn low quality sh- I keep seeing in reddit.
I feel personally attacked as an ex redditor that posted shit drawings.

• Haha
Reactions: ViviX12

LandBeach

Jun 3, 2019

never seen byebyefrog's art?

brimstoneblock

Jan 9, 2022
Im aware, im aware, but as it says it disable some achievement, not that im particularly hunting but i always find it fun to get one on accident. I'm also not sure wether lowering encounter rate simply means less chances of assault or just less chances of events, globally speaking, whenever going thru an area. If it includes the latter too that'd kinda suck as well.
You can always unlock your time magic powers to undo any moves that triggered an encounter.
Options > Performance > History Depth

Aug 14, 2018
Course of Temptation comes to mind, though no graphics. Bit different scope than DoL so it has more going on in some areas but less possibilities than some others, given that it focuses on college life.
I played some text rpgs in the past but I can't fap if there is no graphics, but thank you!

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
Its going to be hard to find anything with the amount of complexity and freedom as DoL. The thing is absolutely massive and its practically a miracle that development is still ongoing as it is. I mean everyone in the thread should go to the THIRTY SIX MEGABYTE .html file and open it in notepad just to be in awe of the sheer absurdity at what has been created. The game has been maintained and worked on for years so no project that has not been under development for at least as long will ever come close and most wouldnt even if they were. The scope of the project and how far it has come over the years is absolutely mind boggling.

And yet we still have people that come into discussions mad because its not bigger.

Reactions: Arkus86

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I've always been impressed with how small the game is considering the amount of content. Just amazing.
Because it's all text and a little pixelart, done with HTML. For an HTML file, it's actually pretty massive. Either way, beside some engine overhead with some engines, the most spacious elements of a given project are gonna be visual assets, and DoL doesn't have all that much of those.

4.50 star(s) 191 Votes